Monday, February 8, 2010

What color wall paint goes good with a red sofa?

I have just bought my first house and it was built in the 1930's has all original wood work that was never painted but stained a dark brown almost mahogany dark brown. I have a vintage sofa and love seat set that is bright red crushed velvet. I also have a brick fire place that is that dark red, there are two sets of French doors in that room which go to a dining room that is yellow and a hallway which is white. There is a third door that goes to a bed room which is not painted but will be shortly the color is yet to be decided. Then there is the main door to the house which is a wood/glass door. I am just asking for some Ideas and anything answer that is given with a link for me to see what color you are talking about will receive full points.What color wall paint goes good with a red sofa?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find colors that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think a dark neutral like ';griffin'; (# 7026) would be pretty with the bright red.





You can also take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.What color wall paint goes good with a red sofa?
I have one room with red wall to wall carpet (which I really love) and was having your same dilemma. I found a beautiful dark tannish beige wallpaper with a muted red stripe. I couldn't believe how well the tan/brown goes with the red. And I think it would also be beautiful with your dark woodwork moldings. Just a suggestion.
rly brite white








help mee ppl


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
black


looks sophisticated
yellowy gold.


yellow..


white (but thats boringg).



a pretty dark yellow or gold color that you could carry into your dining room too
I would paint it a dark navy blue!
Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment