Saturday, February 27, 2010

What colour should I paint my walls with a purple carpet.?

I moved into an apartment with like a dark purplish/grey carpet. I like taupe/neutral colours but I think this might clash. Any suggestions?What colour should I paint my walls with a purple carpet.?
Purple is a BOLD statement....but very interesting. Ask this question again and be more specific about the 'shade' of purple. Is it a reddish purple or dark grape purple? Is it a lavender shade or more blueish color?





That will help others to give you some suggestions.





However... just dark purple.... I would suggest a silvery wall or something on the gray side of the color wheel. Then you could use silver accents that would really make the room pop.





I would use yellow in the room as well as accents with accessories.... not too much ....but just enough to add some life and color to the room.What colour should I paint my walls with a purple carpet.?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think it would look great if you paint ';origami white'; (# 7636).





You can also take a photo of your room %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.
If you are bold...I would use the purple to my advantage and go all out BOLD! Wall color orange or bright yellow. If your wanting to tame down the carpet I would go witha lights grey, almost white but make sure to use accents in your wall color choice. It will tie the whole room together
You don't want to bring in anymore purple. Since there is a grayish tint in the carpet, I would paint the walls a light gray.
Go to this site and consider a shade like


';Grassland'; , ';Rushing River'; or ';Netsuke';


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/
It depends on how bold you are, I say go with a lime green! But most would not agree, so maybe a real soft blue/gray it may be called antique blue.
Beige is neutral, and brown and purple complement each other well. A lighter color will provide a nice contrast.
id go with a light...more pale beige

No comments:

Post a Comment