Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tips on painting walls?

also there is a chance that it might contain lead?Tips on painting walls?
Tape off the moulding (blue painters tape). Unless of course you are good at edging. I like doing the edge work first, and I paint farther out than I need to just so there isn't a chance that I will hit the moulding with the roller. Drop cloths are your friend, find old sheets, unless you expect to drop a lot of paint, then go buy plastic tarps at the store. Have a damp cloth just in case you paint where you don't want to, you can quick wipe it up. Paint in a W shape. If you are painting over dark paint, primer is your friend. You'll probably need 2 coats, if it's warm enough open the windows I personally can't stand paint fumes. I also go back with a shop lamp to see if I missed any spots. Painting during the day is usually easier than painting at night too.





There is little to no chance of lead based paint, unless you are using really old paint or covering up really old paint. You can even buy eco-friendly paint these days.Tips on painting walls?
not unless the walls are over 50 yrs old,


start at the bottom paint up use a W type swipe


put down drop cloths

No comments:

Post a Comment