Thursday, February 25, 2010

My carpet is tan/brown. what color should i paint the walls so that my room isnt too dark?

the bedroom isnt huge so i dont want to go too dark and make the room look smaller. im just confused because we are renting and cant rip up the carpet but would still like a sleek sophisticated bedroom.My carpet is tan/brown. what color should i paint the walls so that my room isnt too dark?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think the color ';festoon aqua'; (# 0019) would look very modern with that carpeting.My carpet is tan/brown. what color should i paint the walls so that my room isnt too dark?
Really, you can go any color. Think of brown as the ground (like in nature) and you can go with a light blue- very soothing, a green- which is ';in'; right now, any color, really. Choose based on what colors you like. I would suggest painting a few light samples or sticking samples on the wall to see what you think of them while you're in bed. You could even paint a swatch of canvas so you don't ruin the wall and that way, it is large enough to see and decide.
I would recommend a light aqua color, such as ';Opera Glass'; from Sherwin Williams. Brown and aqua coordinate very well together and will compliment each other. Get some aqua colored candles, pictures that have aqua and brown tones in, decorative vases etc. and your room will be a relaxing oasis. It is important to choose a soothing, calm color in the bedroom, since this is where you want to feel comfort and relaxation.
A cool light shade of aqua or teal would look great.
burgandy
Maybe a mushroom colour?
blue or cream

No comments:

Post a Comment