Saturday, February 27, 2010

I need help getting rid of pen marks on a painted walls. Please help...?

Mr Clean Magic Eraser will amaze you. Seriously, you have to try it, even if your paint is flat rather than satin or eggshell.I need help getting rid of pen marks on a painted walls. Please help...?
A quick paint may be easier.Latex paint which is water based will not take much scrubbing.





Harsh cleaners will ruin the paint. I have heard vinegar mixed with some water works...but, don't know what it will do for the paint.!!!





Start in a small area hidden to see if it damages paint.I need help getting rid of pen marks on a painted walls. Please help...?
rubbing alcohol works everytime and will not harm the paint, it is because the pen marks are alcohol based and that it breaks down the component of the ink. Also is the way to remove magic markers.
You will have to repaint. Ink does not come off of painted walls. It may even show through the new paint if you don't prime it first. Kilz primer works best. Use the water based kind. That is K-I-L-Z primer. Check your hardware store.
Mr. Clean magic eraser. My mom used this and she said it works wonders. Takes all kinds of marks out of the walls that normal cleaning wouldn't. I believe she used it on permanent marker on the walls. I would try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment