Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I accidently put primer on untreated wood wall. Can I remove it? Can I put stain or dark paint over it ?

If you have primed it...there is NO staining it after that...unless you want to spend hours sanding it down to the bare wood. You can paint it any color you want after it is primed...that is what primer is for.I accidently put primer on untreated wood wall. Can I remove it? Can I put stain or dark paint over it ?
Don't understand what you did wrong. Primer should be used on all wood.





If you feel you have made a mistake and we are just not understanding what you meant ... at Home Depot they have an inexpensive product(I believe that it is called ';wood cleaner and treatment'; it's in the paint section) that will allow you to wash down any wood ... treated or not. This product is generally used for wood that has been pressure treated for outdoors use ... you just mix it with water and use a stiff brush to wash the wood. The wood dries and then you can either paint or stain the wood ... this will take the primer off your wood ...
  • official myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment