Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I made a pic in Corel Draw- I want to paint it on my wall.how do I convert the color codes to real paint?

What manufacturer of paint do I use? The color format is Pantone XXX, RGB XXX,XXX,XXX.... Help me please!!!I made a pic in Corel Draw- I want to paint it on my wall.how do I convert the color codes to real paint?
If the print out of your graphic has fairly accurate colors, you can take it into the paint store and they can scan it. Their software can calculate a fairly accurate mix for each color.





Buy small cans of these colors, (quarts, not gallons) especially if you have a LOT of different colors.





Paint and hardware stores will probably NOT have the Pantone charts and RGB only applies to TV screens and monitors.





You MAY consider converting your graphic to CMYK gamut and Look at the color pallet window to determine the relative mix of cyan, magenta, yellow and Black for each color, but the problem is that the CMYK formula will not give you the white content. (which is determined by how much white shows between the dots of colors.





As far a which manufacturer, it shouldn't matter, as long as it is the appropriate wall paint (indoor or outdoor) and your choice about whether you want flat, gloss, or semigloss paint.I made a pic in Corel Draw- I want to paint it on my wall.how do I convert the color codes to real paint?
Take it to your local paint store. They can help you out.
  • official myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment