Saturday, February 27, 2010

(PICS)What can I do to make my room look more lively when my walls are painted this ugly dark color?

This is the color it was when we moved in, I am not allowed to paint over it.It's just so dark and depressing, I feel like I can't have bright bedding/furniture/curtains because it wont match the walls.


HELP! here's the color:http://i35.tinypic.com/23t2vci.jpg





soo ugly =\(PICS)What can I do to make my room look more lively when my walls are painted this ugly dark color?
I'd call the color ';eggplant.'; It's truly depressing. I'd paint over it, then when you're ready to move out, paint it this horrible color again. It won't have to be the exact color, I'm sure your landlord won't remember the exact shade of horrible that it is now. (PICS)What can I do to make my room look more lively when my walls are painted this ugly dark color?
I would string a set of white lights around the entire room where the walls meet the ceiling.


Then I would make fabric flowers or shapes (using different color fabric cut out flowers,shapes) and using the wall puddy (not nails) I would hang the things around the room.


Also, put up a couple of mirrors for the glow effect of the lights.
This is a really dated color but you could make it work with some accents of light gray and black. Maybe some sheer gray panels on the windows and black throw pillows with a gray patteren in them,black candle holders and a picture with the wall color and a black frame. Will take some shopping around to find, but it could be done.
Use khaki or tan bedding, drapes, whatever and your favorite color as an accent (pillows, blankets, decor). I would stay away from the red family so your accent color is different from the walls. Throw in some nice lamps and maybe a plant or two.
Looks like maroon to me.





Put up lots of bright pictures, get nice bright white curtains.


And pray some day you'll be allowed to paint over it!



Paint them a light colour ?
  • BarronHess Inc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment