Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How might I remove severe nicotine smell from freshly painted walls and ceiling?

good old vinegarHow might I remove severe nicotine smell from freshly painted walls and ceiling?
re paintHow might I remove severe nicotine smell from freshly painted walls and ceiling?
Oil based Killz primer. This is industrial strength primer that really works. It took care of the 50+ years of smoke stink and stains in my house.
This is going to sound silly, but it has worked for me in the past, take a glass bowl and fill it with one part white * vinegar and one part water, soak disk towels in the mixture and then ring them out until it is almost dry. Now this is the part that sounds silly, go in each room and twrill them above your head for as long as you can, also put one over your vents or a circulating fan overnight if possible. Again, they should not be dripping wet when you do this.





When my great aunt told me to try this, I thought she was ready for the funny farm, but then I tried it and I have to tell you it really worked.





*One warning though, only use white vinegar. Apple Cider and the other just do not work as well, and if you don't ring your towels out good enough staining can be a problem.
The walls and ceiling needed to be cleaned with bleach and water before you painted, otherwise you just painted over all those dirty walls, heavy smoking has a nicotine yellow film that adheres to everything unless it's cleaned it doesn't go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment