Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I tried to clean my wall with a damp paper towel but my paint started rubbing off like soggy paper?

my house is only a few years old and I got it brand new so I know they didnt put up wall paper. My guess is probably cheap paint with no primer. Is their any kind of small fix to this or do I have to sand down primer and re paint the whole wall?I tried to clean my wall with a damp paper towel but my paint started rubbing off like soggy paper?
It sounds like your walls were painted with primer and not a finish product. You may want to sand down the area lightly, reprimer and feather in that area, and then paint with a color of your choice.





This kind of scares me, you might want to check the other walls in that new home.I tried to clean my wall with a damp paper towel but my paint started rubbing off like soggy paper?
Well, if it is anything like when they built my old house, the white is not even the paint - it is the primer. You might be able just to patch it right up with the same shade (do you know it?) We made sure when we painted we primed again with Kilz and then painted. It made a HUGE difference.
you guess it you have a very cheap flat paint a boilers choice you'll probably have to repaint it next time buy a washable paint sorry about your luck
  • official myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment