Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I add color to my room/walls without paint?

I can't paint the walls of my room because there are so many shelves on them. The shelves are built-in, so it's difficult, if not impossible to remove them. Aside hanging pictures on the walls around the shelves, how can I add more color to the walls? They're white and beige at the time. Also, is there any way to add color to the rest of the room? LOL ok thankssss. Byeee!How do I add color to my room/walls without paint?
For adding color to the rest of your room: You could put a rug with the color (s) you like in your room, buy a quilt, or just throw a blanket on a chair with the colors you prefer, or add a chair with the coloring of your choice (if you have room for that).





For color on your walls: For a focal point in my room, I added a very small quilted hanging on the wall that has cheerful colors in it (each square has different, but complementary colors). It really adds cheer to the room, and ties together all of the colors I have in the room. Also, I don't know if your built-in shelves are paint-able, but you could also consider that if that is an option. Good luck with deciding which options might work for you!How do I add color to my room/walls without paint?
Put picture frames on the shelves, (really bright frames).


Bright cushions?


Rugs?


Bright duvet??


dont over do it, you could have a bright duvet cover with bright coloured cushions. That could be the focus point of the room. and you could have some picture frames on the shelves.


Hope it helps.
I found that taking fabrics and hanging them around the room helps much. like, on the backs of chairs and bedposts, and such. and any space that just doesn't have anything interesting, add something colorful or fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment