Sunday, February 21, 2010

Removing ink from painted walls?

Ink splattered across my painted walls. When I attempted to remove it with water, the paint began to simply wash off (and I wasn't even scrubbing it to begin with!). How do I remove this before the morning? I've already tried water, toothpaste, and there is no hairspray. If water already stripped the paint, I'm sure rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover would as well.





Help?Removing ink from painted walls?
If you can tolerate it until you repaint the wall, Paint over the ink, (magic marker -permminant ink -etc) with White Pigmented Shellac (Binz,,Kilnz). This will seal in the ink,,dries super fast. Than paint over it with the paint your painting the room with.Removing ink from painted walls?
If the paint itself washes off with water, the only solution is to repaint the whole wall. This time use paint that is washable. Check http://www.benjaminmoorepaints.com
Automotive hand cleaner, it breaker down oil - grease thats the same thing ink is made from ,Cleaners wont do it , Lighter fluid works for clothes, DO NOT SMOKE!
The only thing that I know of that wont strip the paint is Mr Clean's magic eraser. It works really well, and I didn't notice any paint coming off on it. If you do use it try it in a corner or something. Just to see if it does remove paint as well.
  • official myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment