Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I clean eggshell finish painted walls without leaving streaks?

try a mild oil soap like murphys or use **** and span no streakHow do I clean eggshell finish painted walls without leaving streaks?
try some tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) in a bucket of warm water, and a sponge. I used it years ago in a house that had a gas stove and gas heating which left a horrible buildup on the walls and ceilings. The TSP was great !How do I clean eggshell finish painted walls without leaving streaks?
Fresh paint, hope someone else can give you a better answer, but I worked as a painter and eggshell is not much for cleaning as far as I know.


Glosses are meant for kitchens and bathrooms where walls need a cleanable surface.
start at the bottom of the wall, and work up. That way, drips of water running down the wall won't leave streaks on it.
T.S.P. is a great cleaning product for walls, preparing to paint or just normal cleaning. Wash painted surface with a solution made from 1/2 cup of TSP Plus in 4 litres of warm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Used it on my off-white walls. Didn't eat at the paint, but I did ';rinse'; with a clean wet cloth.
i use 409 on my eggshell painted walls and it works great

No comments:

Post a Comment