Monday, February 8, 2010

I painted my bedroom wall a deep shade of turquoise and now I'm afraid it's too dark..?

Any suggestions on how to make the room look a bit lighter? I don't want to change the actual colour of the paint which I do like...My other walls are grey and white.I painted my bedroom wall a deep shade of turquoise and now I'm afraid it's too dark..?
Add more light as in lamps or pick lighter accents.I painted my bedroom wall a deep shade of turquoise and now I'm afraid it's too dark..?
a great idea is to use accessories such as pillows, vases, fabrics, candles that are a shade or two lighter than the turquoise, a large picture with a shade lighter will brighten up the space and make your bedroom wall pop. i hope this helped you!
put a glaze foe finish on it
Sponge on some light grey.
why dont you add the shade of grey stripes on the wall??? or look up decorating tips from hgtv.com
The smaller a room the worse it will look with darker colors. The less natural light a room gets the worse it will look with darker colors.


Also the type of paint finish matters. A flat or eggshell finish will absorb most light making things darker. A semi-gloss or high gloss paint finishes with a sheen and will reflect light, letting you get away with some darker colors/shades.


Go to lowes.com and navigate to the paint area,they have a color wheel that is a big help...lets you choose type of paint too.

No comments:

Post a Comment