Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have scotch tape on wall, it wont come off. I am wanting to paint, what do I do ?

Use a blowdryer. Heat up the tape and then gently remove it with a razor and/or your fingernail.I have scotch tape on wall, it wont come off. I am wanting to paint, what do I do ?
use goo-gone. you can buy it at any hardware store or even like walmart or walgreen has them. it takes everything off of everythingI have scotch tape on wall, it wont come off. I am wanting to paint, what do I do ?
sand it off with a drywall sanding sponge and it will def take it off. In the end it would make no differnce in the painting cause the texture would be the same if you filled a hole and sanded it smooth.
have you tried steam? vineger and water steamed help to remove wall paper, might help with scotch tape removal. good luck.
Use a little WD40 trust me. Dont use too much or you might smear the whole wall. Tell me how it worked.
Goo-b-gone is the right stuff to use or a ice cube works too.
Your best freind is GOOF OFF! Works great on any surface too.
Since you're going to paint anyway, I'd scrape it off as level as possible with the rest of the wall. If scraping leaves a mark, then sand the area down and then paint. Or, if it's a textured wall get some joint compound (same stuff you can fill in nail holes with) and recreate the same type of texturing as the rest of your wall and wait for it to dry and then paint over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment