Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color do I paint walls if I have brown sofas, dark brown furniture, dark cherry hardwood floor?

I am planning to paint my walls. I have furniture that is dark brown in color, leather sofas dark brown in color (natural leather color) and having an open kitchen facing family room with tachoma hazelnut cabinets (closer to cherry color). The hardwood floors is reddish brown in color. I have a plan to put a rug in front of the sofas. What color do you recommend for that as well? Thanks in advance.What color do I paint walls if I have brown sofas, dark brown furniture, dark cherry hardwood floor?
I would suggest a light buttery yellow.


As you have a lot of furniture that is dark, you need to have something light to make the space look bigger and not heavy.


I do believe that the color would look nice with all the tones of brown/reddish brown that you have mentioned.


Whatever color you decide on, try to keep it light.


I think a rug that has several shades of brown/reddish brown in it would be good as it won't break of the floor space by keeping with the hardwood floor color. If you put down a rug that has too much contrast, it is going to divide the floor into patches (unless it is a big rug covering most of the floor).





Not easy, I admit, so good luck with your choices!What color do I paint walls if I have brown sofas, dark brown furniture, dark cherry hardwood floor?
Because all the colors in your room are such dark colors, I would go with a lighter color on the wall to display the fine furniture and cabinets that you have. A light biege/tan on the wall may be neutral; however, it will allow you to add an accent color with any accessories that you may want to add to the room, such as your rug. Since all your colors are brown and biege, you can choose any accent color in the tone that best suits you and your furniture selections. Blues and Greens are calming and complementary to brown. Oranges and Reds are more energetic and brighter and supplementary to browns. You have a lovely canvas to work with choose the accent colors you love the most. If you have a favorite painting in the room, choose your colors from the painting.
I would suggest blue. Cherry cabinets and hardwod floors tend to have an orange undertone that would look great with a blue.





Despite what another answer said, stay away from green unless there is absolutely no orange in your leather and wood (which I doubt).





Put a blue paint card and a green up to your cabinets and floor and you will see exactly what I mean.
id paint it a light beige or tan color to contrast the darkness of the room. and leave the bottom and top parts of the wall a white color.








try something this color or a bit darker








https://www.decorpad.com/photos/2008/09/07/b3d44007e795.jpg
Blue. A chalky blue, like John Wedgewood used on his cups. (google him)


Tie it together with the area rug.
a green shade
red!

No comments:

Post a Comment