Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color do I paint walls if I have dark furniture, and very light colored hardwood floors?

I am planning to paint my walls. I have furniture that is dark brown in color including the sofas (only one chair is white leather) the living room and kitchen is open concept with dark wood cabinets in the kitchen with a slight red tint. The hardwood floors are a very light natural color. I also have a white/cream rug in front of the sofas. What color would you paint the walls? Thanks for any adviseWhat color do I paint walls if I have dark furniture, and very light colored hardwood floors?
This one is easy for me.





I have the exact same light colored wood floor and Dark Brown wood furniture,





I painted the walls a light blue, with accent walls a light sage, it looks great very earthy bright, clean and very cozy.





another color you could paint is a medium sage with one accent wall dark brown,this is a very crisp look.





I hope this helps, have a great evening


DianthaWhat color do I paint walls if I have dark furniture, and very light colored hardwood floors?
Light walls can complement your light floors and make the space look bigger. It will also bring a focus to your dark cabinets and other furniture. If you want to stick with a neutral color, you can be creative with your decorations. I think sticking to a light color will give you more options in the future. Good luck!
I would use light wall color cause it makes the walls look taller then they are and you can add some dark accesories around the room. You can use dark curtains and that sort of stuff but don't but to much dark in or to much light you kind of have to even it out.
I would paint some nice color accent wall and add colorful pillows and/or throws to the furniture and colorul wall decor. Also, cover part of the floor with accent rug(s).
http://www.ehow.com/how_5238286_use-colo鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment