Thursday, February 18, 2010

Navy carpet, black furniture, red accessories. Wall paint?

I currently live in a very bright, spacious apartment and most of my furniture and accessories are red and black or dark gray (cherry blossom and bark colour scheme). I am now moving into a basement apartment that has very little light and a dark blue carpet in my bedroom. I don't like the colour blue so I don't want to further incorporate that colour, I can't afford to replace all my black furniture, and I don't want to leave my walls white. What colour would look good on my bedroom walls with the navy blue carpet, black furniture and red accessories? I don't want to make my room look like a cave. Thanks. :)Navy carpet, black furniture, red accessories. Wall paint?
Try a soft beige or a light gray.Use lots of light in the form of floor lamps and table lamps and you can install inexpensive lights under your kitchen counter tops.Use lightweight window treatments like bamboo and or just valances to keep it light and bright.You could always cover the blue carpet with a large area rug.It continues to amaze me on why landlords continue to put dirty carpet in rental property rather than laminate.Also hang mirrors they can lighten and brightenNavy carpet, black furniture, red accessories. Wall paint?
To keep it light I would look for a blue tinted grey, or maybe even white walls, with one accent wall for a colour/offset punch. I live in a basement apartment too and light walls make all the difference!





Also, if your ceiling is white, use uplighting to reflect light off of the ceiling, and it creates a bright, indirect light source.





Hope that helps and the best of luck!
light blue
Pumpkin Orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment