Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is it common for painted walls to wipe off completely with plain water?

I just moved to a new apt a month ago and with our moving in we rubbed furniture up against our walls and I wiped the marks with plain water and a clean cloth. I have lived in apts before and was suprised to see my paint wipe off completely with water and a cloth. Please provide information? I have brought this up to my landlord and he has not responded.Is it common for painted walls to wipe off completely with plain water?
He used really cheap paint. If you want scrubbable walls, you need to repaint with a latex enamel (comes in flat, eggshell, satin or semi-gloss, but costs about $2 more per gallon) or latex semi-gloss paint. Anything else won't stand up to any kind of washing at all.Is it common for painted walls to wipe off completely with plain water?
it's either really cheap paint or it's primer and there isn't a top coat on it.





My daughter found primer only in her townhouse.... had to paint the whole thing!





Press the Landlord.... you deserve good paint!





Be Blessed!
I agree with what the first answer state and I want to add that you should be careful while doing your cleaning next time
Genevieve is right.





A thin cheap water based paint is what was probably used if it washed right off. Does it have a white chalky feel that rubs off too?





Latex enamel is washable paint.





You should file a written condition complaint immediately - if you wait too long or don't report the problem, it could go against the security or damage deposit if you don't notify the landlord properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment