Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can any one tell me what are the chemical constituents of normal wall paint?(oil and water based..)pls help me

Actually , I was quite fascinated by the colour and texture of the paint in our house (they recently painted it!!!)... and I am eager to know what are its constituents..





The end product of my interest in chemistry with my fascination of colours has resulted in this question.....!!!





If anybody knows the exact constituent of paint..pls answer me here....Can any one tell me what are the chemical constituents of normal wall paint?(oil and water based..)pls help me
Old-fashioned wall paint is made of:





White lead


Mineral oil


Linseed oil


Japan drier


Dye





Modern latex is a partially polymerized acrylate polymer suspended in water with titanium dioxide and something to finish the polymerization as the paint dries (that is called the drier).

No comments:

Post a Comment