Sunday, February 21, 2010

This question is for moms...how do i get crayons and markers off of wood doors and painted walls?

I am moving out of my apartment and with two kids...toddler and a 3rd grader...well lets say they werent nice...and I have crayon and markers all over the white painted walls, wood cabinets, closet doors as well as wood doors to the rooms. How do I get it out without scrubbing for days and not ruining the wood? I need a quick solutionThis question is for moms...how do i get crayons and markers off of wood doors and painted walls?
Either run out and get a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (which is an AMAZING invention) or use a little bit of toothpaste (white, not gel) or some baking soda and water on a soft cloth. The idea is to get just enough abrasiveness to take off the marks.





All in all, the Magic Eraser is the best bet.





You can also use the white toothpaste to fill in nail holes and small scratches on the wall. Some landlords will keep your deposit for nail holes.





Good luck! :)This question is for moms...how do i get crayons and markers off of wood doors and painted walls?
The Mr. Clean Magic eraser works well and so does goof off but what I found works best is aerosol sunscreen. It has to be aerosol. Spray it on there and it wipes right off. My son took a black permanent marker to my white walls and I used the sunscreen, you can't even tell it was there. My living room smelled like sunscreen for a few hours but that smells better than goof off.
Put a paper towel over the crayon mark. Using a hot iron go over the paper towel. It will melt the crayon and the paper towel will absorb the wax. This also works great for getting candle wax out of carpet!
Sorry but the only solution I ever found to this was repainting. After that my daughter learned to color on paper not walls!
go to an home improvement store and get ';goof-off';. it should remove all the marks but don't use around the kids, it has a very strong odor.
Magic eraser those things are amazing
wet a wash cloth with warm water and then dump baking soda on it and scrub. trust me it works...even on permanant marker.
Try Mr. Clean's magic eraser.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment