Sunday, February 21, 2010

Painting my walls?

i like orange. but i dont want 4 walls of orange in my bedroom because i think its too bright...do u think it is?


and do u think two orange and two white is better or two orange and two pink is better?





if u have any other ideas please tell me! thanks.





the reason i am asking is because my mom thinks two white and two orange look weird,Painting my walls?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find colors that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';fame orange'; (# 6345) would look terrific all over. But if you want to do two tones, then maybe pick a creamy color like ';intricate ivory'; (# 6350) instead of a pure white.





You can also take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.Painting my walls?
I'm not a fan of pink and orange together. Maybe try painting 1 accent wall orange and leave the rest white. Then if you really enjoy the orange, paint the rest of the walls. I love orange if it is like a burnt orange, not a bright orange. But it's just personal taste as to how much orange you like. Have fun and good luck. Maybe go to :


http://www.behr.com/behrx/index.jsp


YOu can actually pick a paint color and sample it on walls on this site. It will show you how it looks
I really like orange too. Maybe you could do a darker orange, like a burnt orange, so it wouldn't be so bright. I also like the idea for two orange and two white walls. However I am not too keen on two orange and two pink. In my opinion the two don't go well together...
My room is Yellow and Orange. I have 1 wall yellow and the rest orange and i really like it, but you could do it reversed too. orange also goes good with lime green and hot pink. You could also do two differnt colors of orange. paint one wall the darker orange and the rest the lighter color. Good luck!
You might paint the orange walls , 2 adjacent ones, that will be on the side of greatest activity and the white ones opposite but you might want a white with tan in it, not tan, just tinted with tan....perhaps a Navaho white.
Or maybe just paint the wall that your bed is on orange and the others walls white. I think that would look good.
Maybe try 2 orange walls with a cream color. Like tan to adust the tone of brightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment